On Feb 15, 2013, at 07:06 , Darren Addy wrote:

> People may not realize it, but this is one of the most incredible
> stories of our lifetimes, from an astronomical and historical
> perspective. It is incredible to me that the mother of someone on this
> list actually felt the shockwave from this thing. Wowsers. I'd like to
> give a big thank you to earth's atmosphere for "doing its job" and
> slowing this thing down and breaking it up so that it was not an even
> more destructive event.

Even more so, given that the chances of two major astronomical events happening
within a few hours is one million to one according to CNN astro-mathematitions.
Add in the mother of one of our own takes that probability to one in several
billion.

Joseph McAllister
jo...@mac.com

It seems that I need to stop my mind running off at the fingertips.
— Mike Wilson