On 15/02/2013 16:06, Darren Addy wrote:
People may not realize it, but this is one of the most incredible
stories of our lifetimes, from an astronomical and historical
perspective. It is incredible to me that the mother of someone on this
list actually felt the shockwave from this thing. Wowsers. I'd like to
give a big thank you to earth's atmosphere for "doing its job" and
slowing this thing down and breaking it up so that it was not an even
more destructive event.

This guy who lives not far from the city that was struck has a
compilation of videos and photos going here:
http://say26.com/meteorite-in-russia-all-videos-in-one-place

The videos highlight the issue of people not knowing what to do in the event of an exceedingly rare catastrophic event. Looking out of the window at a highly supersonic object passing by is almost on a par with running onto the beach exposed by the backflow of a tsunami. Which is not to say we should have these events more often so that people know what to do.

--
No fixed Adobe