From: "Daniel J. Matyola" <danmaty...@gmail.com>
Sent: February 17, 2013 2/17/13
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
Subject: Re: PESO: Flower Girl

Thanks, Frank.  I appreciate your comments.

Actually, I was using .7 compensation, but it wasn't enough.  Had I
used more, however,I probably would have blown out the background
completely.  She was in the open shade, and the bright tropical
sunshine in the background at midday was almost blinding.  But, hey,
that is one of the things one must suffer here in paradise.  When I
have more time, I try to improve the image in PS.  Too much to do here
right now, with the whales cavorting off shore and the consistently
great weather i the rain shadow of a 10,000 foot volcano.  <G>

By the way, here is South Maui I am surrounded by Canadians, Mostly
from BC and Alberta, but also from Manitoba, Saskatchewan, the Yukon
and even New Brunswick.  Air Canada, Alaskan and Hawaiian airlines all
have reasonable direct flight from the major cities of Western Canada,
the Canadian (particularly in the Western Provinces)  economy appears
stronger now that that of the US, and of course the weather in Western
Canada is a bit chilly that time of year.  As a result, in the area
where we stay, Canadians far outnumber those from the US.

Dan Matyola