> > 1. Am I being unrealistic, in hoping that Pentax might produce
> a digital
> > body, that I can use my 35mm lenses with? Has any manufacturer
> done this?
>
> Yes you are being unrealistic. Pentax would rather commit
> suicide than commit to potential customers.
> Nikon and Canon are both producing digital SLR's and are selling
> them as fast as they can crank them out.

I suspected that was the answer - a great shame - probably lots of sales in
it, but Pentax don't push their products too well.

> > 2. I need to replace my el-cheapo tripod. Bearing in mind I
> used it with a
> > 500mm lens quite often and will use it in the future with a
> 67II I want
> > quite a sturdy beast. I don't want to pay much more than £100,
> but I don't
> > care if it is heavy!
> > How my current flimsy effort lasted so long is a mystery!
>
> Monfrotto offers pretty good bang for the buck. The 028/029 leg/
> head combination is very sturdy, and quite tall. It might be a
> bit more expensive than £100 though. A tripod is a bad place to
> econimize.

OK, maybe I need to stretch my budget there. I have sailed close to the wind
for too long, and the potential cost of equipment being damaged + emotional
upset is best not to compromise on.

> > 3. I know of a charity auction coming up, where one of the
> boxes of bits
> > contain camera bits and bobs. I can't view them - it is all
> unseen - a real
> > lucky dip and I will bid on the basis that it is money to
> charity. Does
> > anyone have any strong objections to me posting any non-Pentax
> items (?)
> > here at cost + postage (assuming any of it is worth passing
> on) - I only use
> > Pentax.
>
> Objections are irrelevant. The worst case is someone will get
> uppity, and we will have more bandwidth wasted by the objectors
> than the original post. It is considered better form to post the
> list to a web page, and inform the list about the URL. That way,
> anyone interested can go look, and those who aren't don't have
> to bother.

Well, in part thanks to Greywolf, I'm going to start on a website, so fair
enough. Thanks for your comments, I just want to pass items on which other
PDMLers might use - not a money issue (which you never suggested) I'll pass
it on, on cost + postage.

Malcolm