Darren Addy wrote:

I think that sometimes we just fall prey to the need for something new and then rationalize the why after the fact.

My reply:

True. In this case, however, I had the opportunity to test those cameras (K-5II/K-5IIs) against my K-5, and the difference when focusing in very low light convinced me very easy. At first attempt to shoot performers in very very dim light, I no longer had to struggle with trying to focus while actually hunting, and I could get back thinking about shutter speeds for getting a given effect, compositon and timing for pressing the shutter release. A big step for me and my typical shooting conditions, and some kind of grinning, seeing a D600 user in trouble having to shut off the damn AF illuminator, very banned in that circumstance.

Dario