Thanks for that summary. It seems clear that the K-5IIs is a step up. While I don't do much AF shooting in low light I do shoot with lots of extension at times, and I assume the that low light focusing would apply to a macro lens with a bunch of tubes on it just as well to a genuine low light scene. The K-5 is a great camera and I amd glad that Pentax Ricoh decided to upgrade it. In a sense they are showing off improved technology that we will see in future cameras and they are also making a statement that they are still in the game. RIght now, I'm holding off on acquiisitions in hope that a FF body comes along. If I were to know that it will be a while I might go for one.

Mark