On Wed, Feb 20, 2013, Charles Robinson wrote:
> On Feb 20, 2013, at 8:44 , Aahz Maruch <a...@pobox.com> wrote:
>>
>> Day one of my trial rental, and I have to say that the K-30 sucks, I find
>> it physically uncomfortable to hold compared to both Larry's K-x and the
>> K-5/IIs.  I'm also not finding that the K-30 live view works any better
>> than the K-5's (based on minimal/informal testing in a dark room).
>
> Good to know.  I waffled on whether to get a new K30 or a used K5 for
> about the same price and I decided I needed/wanted the faster frame
> rate and top LCD that the K5 offers.  Sounds like I made the right
> choice.

One other thing: with the K-30 (and especially the K-x with its missing
front wheel), it feels that there aren't enough controls.  The K-5
doesn't have quite as many as my Nikon P7100, but almost everything is
well laid-out and I have no complaints.

The one thing I'd wish for is that the 4-way controller be a wheel in
addition to a joystick, it really makes going through the P7100 menus
faster.  OTOH, you mostly shouldn't need to use the menu once you have
everything set up, and I love TAv mode.
--
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6                        http://rule6.info/