On Feb 23, 2013, at 6:16 PM, Paul Stenquist wrote:

> A shot of my race car on the jack and ready to be warmed  in the pits. Notice
> how I didn't bother to close the doors on the car hauler behind it. But I was
> more into the racing than the photography back then.
>
> http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=16963159&size=lg
>
> Having a lot of fun scanning old transparencies with the new Epson 500V. Most
> of my Kodachromes are as good as new. They've been stored in plastic sleeves
> for the last twenty years. In the Kodak boxes for the preceding twenty or so
> years.

Very cool photo.  Very cool car.

It's funny that for someone that as a kid who spent so many hours drawing
pictures of, and making models, of dragsters I've never drag raced.

In a bit of coincidence at about the same time as I saw your photo, I was
listening to "Jesus Built my Hotrod" by Ministry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqzPFyeXGEE