Nuance, nuisance ... Frankly, I think it's a little bit of both.

Just finished another roll of film with the Voigtländer Bessa III:
I've finally sussed out how to scan my 6x6 film in a semi-automated
way with the Nikon Coolscan 9000ED using VueScan. It's easy now
(famous last words). Output files are 16bit-RGB DNG encapsulated TIFF
with zip compression, 74 Mpixels each, 449 Mbytes each. Scanning a
roll of 12 exposures takes about 45 minutes, another 20 to inject the
appropriate EXIF metadata, import into Lightroom, and add IPTC
annotation for location and keywords. The new Mac mini (2.6Ghz i7
quad-core, 16G RAM, 1T internal drive, data on FW800 external drives)
sucks them in and renders them with astonishing speed.

Now I can start the picking, grading, culling, spotting for dust, and
finish rendering.

Nuance ... nuisance ... ;-)

--
Godfrey