Quoting Bruce Walker <bruce.wal...@gmail.com>:

On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 5:27 PM, Brian Walters <apathy...@lyons-ryan.org> wrote:
Quoting Toine <to...@repiuk.nl>:

I lived with the simple idea that a jpg saved/exported with sRGB
profile and stripped of it's EXIF would render as sRGB.
On my system it doesn't. The other big question is if anyone else has
two different renderings displayed on that page. If not I need to read
more about color management and Windows.

I'm seeing a very slight difference - the colours of the lower image are
very slightly more muted.  But it isn't a great difference.  It doesn't look
as if the colour palette has been shifted between the images.

I'm seeing the same difference in Firefox (both with color management turned
on and with color management turned off), IE9 and Opera.

Brian, are you using an IPS monitor? The slight difference in viewing
angle will give you different contrasts on any TN monitor.

Yeah, it's a TN monitor.

Changing the angle of view does indeed show the two images to be the same on my system.

--
Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters