Hello all,

I've been making an occasional print of some of my photographs using a
common garden inkjet printer at home.
For color work, it was OK and I was not fussy about profiles,
resemblance to the original (whatever that might mean) etc.
However, the uncontrollable color casts on monochrome and toned prints
were unbearable.

Now, I have purchased a better printer, Epson 2880. It is still in the
original package :(

My specific concerns are:

- Do I have to make a calibration or some purpose driven tests
"before" using it?
- Any concerns about using this printer under Linux?
- I care more about monochrome prints. Are there specific, crucial
settings that you think especially important in this regard?
- Most of the comments on books about digital inkjet printing suggest
that they may fail to satisfy my needs. Are there any other resources
you may suggest (paid or free)?

Thank you,

Bulent

http://patoloji.gen.tr