> From: PDML [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of Paul Stenquist
> >
> > Some of us have political reasons for avoiding Mac/Windows; others of
> > us simply prefer an OS that feels comfortable.
>
> Unlike governments, operating systems don't make lifestyle decisions
> for us. It would seem impossible to have political reasons for not
> using one.

that's remarkably naïve. Many people (not including me) have decided to
avoid or minimize their use of commercial operating systems and use
so-called free software, and their reasons for doing so are often political,
such as not wanting to support what are effectively commercial monopolies.

I avoid as much as I can giving personal details to organisations like
Google for political reasons - I don't trust what they're doing with the
data, and I don't like it.

Politics isn't restricted to governments, you know.