On Mar 11, 2013, at 11:46 AM, Aahz Maruch <a...@pobox.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 11, 2013, Paul Stenquist wrote:
>>
>> If your monitor is properly calibrated, its display should match
>> the Epson 2880s printout almost exactly. And BW prints, once purged
>> of color in PhotoShop or other software, won't have any color
>> cast. However, I have no idea how that would work using the printer
>> under Linux. Why make it difficult? I would think your best bet would
>> be to run PhotoShop or Lightroom on a Windows machine or a Mac. I use
>> a Mac with PhotoShop CS6 and can produce near perfect prints first
>> time, every time.
>
> Some of us have political reasons for avoiding Mac/Windows; others of us
> simply prefer an OS that feels comfortable.

Unlike governments, operating systems don't make lifestyle decisions for us. It
would seem impossible to have political reasons for not using one. I suppose
one can be a fan of an operating system, although that doesn't compute for me.
But even when fandom gets in the way of common sense, it's still best to use
the correct tool. I'm a diehard fan of my Chicago White Sox, but when I had an
opportunity to write some advertising for the Detroit Tigers, I leapt at the
opportunity. Loyalty to a team, an operating system or even a religion
shouldn't get in the way of common sense choices.