Thanks for the link.

I see green in Chrome and red in IE.

My wild guess: Most systems have a normal gamut (sRGB) profile loaded.
On calibrated systems a calibrated sRGB profile is used. If a browser
sends a jpg to the OS it uses sRGB. If a browser like chrome detects a
jpg with a profile it enables color management. An image saved as sRGB
renders identically on a normal gamut system (calibrated or not). This
would suggest Windows uses the calibrated sRGB profile.
On wide gamut systems a browser like chrome does the same trick. The
problem is a jpg without a profile, the OS handles the image and
renders an over saturated image because the OS doesn't use color
management (very strange). Calibrating a wide gamut system results in
correct colors in apps like LR, PS etc en correct colors in Chrome if
the jpg is presented to the browser with  EXIF available. If EXIF is
stripped by the webserver the colors are wrong in every browser.

Toine