Toine -

Your thought got me thinking about a website I visited a few years ago. Never thought I'd find it bu reading this thread again today I googled "vista color management motorcycle image" and badda-bing badda-boom there it was. Check out this image:

http://www.mscwar.com/members/sniperx/greentest.jpg

According the website -

If the motorcycle is blue, the embedded profile was completely ignored. (you don't have color mangment) If the motorcycle is green, the embedded ICC profile was honored. (you have color managment enabled If the motorcycle is red, then you're running Windows Vistaâ„¢ and you have color mangment enabled

The discussion thread for this is here:

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=32115.0;wap2

FWIW - on my Windows 7 machine with color management enabled the motorcycle is red. On the same machine, using Firefox with color management enabled, the motorcycle is green. On another machine, running WinXP with no color management (other than calibrize) the motorcyle is blue.

Hopefully this is helpful.

MCC