On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 11:07:52AM -0400, Paul Stenquist wrote:

> http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/03/22/preserving-a-famous-american-racecar/

A fascinating article, with some interesting insights into the condition of the
car.

I must mention, though, that I reached for my blue pencil when I read this
sentence:

"It was the first Le Mans victory by a United States-built racecar and engine
with Americans at the wheel, a feat that has never been equaled."

To me, 'first' implies others follow.  I'd reword it more along the lines of
"It is still the only Le Mans victory ...", and lose everything after 'wheel'.