From: mike wilson
On 24/03/2013 10:21, Bob W wrote:
From: PDML [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of P.J. Alling

So I ordered an item Adorama through Amazon.  Paid by card, and gave
them my street address, as Adorama ships via UPS or FedEx, standard
delivery as I'm not in a hurry.  Everything seems to be going fine
until I realize the item hasn't moved since it arrived in North Haven.
Checking into I find that UPS has contracted with the USPS to deliver
packages!!!  Now I don't have a mail receptacle at my house, I have a
post office box.  UPS doesn't deliver to PO Boxes. The US mail won't
deliver to my house, no receptacle.  I think I'll scream.

it's the retailer's responsibility to get the thing to you. Tell them to use
a shipper who can actually be bothered to do what they're paid to do.

Only here, I suspect.  In the USA, if something you buy does not
function as required, you have to seek recourse from the manufacturer,
not the retailer.  It's probably the buyer's responsibility to make sure
something is delivered to them, as well.

It is the seller's responsibility to deliver. Especially if you PAID for
shipping & handling.

I ran into that UPS - USPS contract recently, although it worked to my
advantage. Something I ordered was shipped UPS Ground (or whatever they
call it now) and didn't arrive by Friday.

I was resigned to waiting for it until Monday, but Saturday morning
there was a knock on my door and there was the Postman with my package.
I've always preferred USPS over UPS. In my experience, they've always
been more reliable.

I would suggest checking with the Post Office that has your P.O.Box just
to see if they might have the package.