I don't use all of the OnOne products but they seem to be well thought
out.  I bought the entire suite for Lightroom when they had a
promotion a while ago.  It was under a hundred dollars.  The
combination of Lightroom and the OnOne suite would probably eliminate
the need for Photoshop for many, if not most people.

The only Nik product I've used is the HDR product.  I prefer it to
Photomatix, but I'm sure that's a personal preference thing.  You
could probably achieve similar results with either.  I've had it on my
"to-do someday" list to check out the other NIK products for over a
year, but I've been reluctant to spend the money or invest the time,
not knowing Google's intention for the products.  This seems to send
the message that they are committed to keeping them alive and making
them affordable to a much larger group.  You can be sure I'll take
advantage of the free download offer.

gs
George Sinos
www.GeorgesPhotos.net