On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 4:53 PM, John Sessoms <jsessoms...@nc.rr.com> wrote:
> From: Darren Addy
>>
>> Don't know if you have seen this yet or not, but since I know we have
>> some Nik Software fans around here:
>>
>> Earlier: Google pulled the *desktop* version of Snapseed the same day
>> they discontinued Google Reader (torquing a LOT of nerds off).
>>
>> Today: Google announced every single one of Nik?s desktop plugins in a
>> single bundle, for just $149. There is also a 15 day trial.
>>
>> http://connect.dpreview.com/post/4452357456/google-nik-software-plugins
>
> I hadn't seen that, but I got an email from them today for a free
> upgrade to the latest versions of the full Nik collection since I'm
> already a registered user.

I also got that email on Monday (it was in my spam folder, despite it
being from Google themselves), and downloaded and installed the Mac
Nik Collection. I've been testing it extensively today. All works
fine. Both Viveza and Color FX contain the entire preset collection,
so they are very useful.

A couple of licensing things: the serial number licensing scheme is
gone. Just install it and run, and it is useable from all programs (eg
Ps, Lr, Ps Elements, Aperture, etc.). The old support account logins
where you registered your serial numbers are gone too, so they've
streamlined the entire support process. The plugins are licensed for
two computers now, but I'm not aware that they actually check that.

I'm pretty chuffed that as a result of downloading that free Silver FX
Pro 1.0 copy a few months ago, I now have the entire Nik plugin
collection. Crazy promo/marketing side-effects. :-)

--
-bmw