On Sunday, March 24, 2002, at 02:31  PM, T Rittenhouse wrote:

> Well, if they had a $6-7K camera out, would there be any doubt in your
> mind
> that they were serious about digital? Is there any doubt in your mind
> now
> that they are serious about digital?

Everyone is concerned about digital.  I don't think that Pentax were
lying to us in their press release about the retooled, lower cost body,
and I also don't think that they're ridiculously stupid.

If a $6-7K body came out and tanked, I'd be concerned about their
survival as a company.  I have no problem with Pentax playing it safe,
but then again, I'm not in the market for a $6K digital SLR.  Those who
are will certainly feel differently.

-Aaron