On Sun, 24 Mar 2002, T Rittenhouse wrote:
> I don't know, I don't understand, and I totally am at a lost to know why the
> fact that such an expensive camera won't sell to snapshooter's for hobby use
> makes everybody on the list think no one wants one.

The whole point of Pentax making a prototype for the photo show to is
gauge market reaction.  And they will spend $$ for market research before
releasing any new products (including "studio pro").  So if their research
and the response to their prototype shows that it would not sell at that
price range, they won't release it.  As simple as that.  Why would they
not release a product if it will be profitable?

> I said it before, GET REAL!

Yes, and the reality is that there simply are not enough people who is
willing to spend $6000+ on a Pentax out there.

--
--Lawrence Kwan--SMS Info Service/Ringtone Convertor--PGP:finger/www--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.vex.net/~lawrence/ -Key ID:0x6D23F3C4--