Quoting Mark C <pdml-m...@charter.net>:

Wow - those are really great! I assume the flower must be at least 3 inches long for the shots without any closeup filter? Quite sharp and clean images. The macro are really excellent as well. I'll have to look into the closeup lens 450. I tried some single element close up lenses I have, including the ones lensbaby makes, but they are very soft and full of distortions.

The flower spike is about 4 inches long (quite small for a Banksia!)

I don't know a lot about the close up lens. Apparently Canon produced (or maybe still produce) a range of these in various strengths, some of double-element achromatic design and some not. I think the former have a 'D' suffix in the designation. Mine doesn't so I suspect it's a single element version.

Thanks for the comment - thanks also Rick, Bob and Christine.

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters
Western Sydney Australia