14. apr. 2013 kl. 01:20 skrev Bill <anotherdrunken...@gmail.com>:

> On 13/04/2013 7:38 AM, George Sinos wrote:
>> I think I subscribed to PDML in 2000 or 2001.  It seems like the last
>> couple of years, and especially the last few months the topic of other
>> brands supplementing Pentax gear or just plain switching to other
>> brands has significantly increased.
> I'm pretty uncertain about changing brands unless the brand you are changing
> to just plain does what you want it to be good for better, or at least better
> enough.
>
> I want a camera with a fast standard lens, it's something I have long
> complained about with Pentax digital. I don't want to carry around a massive
> camera, so for me the full frame DSLR offerings aren't so good.
> I'm also somewhat of a lens junkie, and I look for certain qualities in an
> image such as soft bokeh, but also high apparent sharpness and what I can
> only describe as smoothness and a sense of depth. None of these are really
> quantifiable things. It's like porn, you can't identify it, but you know it
> when you see it.
> It's the lens qualities that brought me to Pentax in the first place.
>
> So, I want a camera with a fast standard lens, I want something that is
> fairly compact, and I want certain lens qualities that I have to see to know.
> I feel quite fortunate that the Fuji X-Pro1 and the 35/1.4 standard lens fits
> that description.

I can agree with you there, except that I would like a fast wide angle instead
of a standard.

I bought the Fuji x100 some months ago when I needed an extra camera and
decided to try something different. I love it, even though the EVF ias good as
the later models.

In my view the Fuji system does compete  with the Pentax DA Limited lenses
providing a good, compact, system and I am tempted to sell them and get the
X-Pro with 18mm f/2, 35mm f/1.4 and 60mm f/2.4. On the other hand Pentax does
compete in other areas such as speed, weather sealing and stabilization (as
well as telephoto for those interested in that area). So I think the Fuji
system would be a supplement, not an alternative, to a Pentax system. I would
probably keep the DA*-lenses,  the FA31 and buy some update of K-5.

So I would have multiple brands.

DagT