on 2013-04-15 10:27 Stan Halpin wrote
*Note: a "perfect" AF system would read my mind and focus on what I think is the
"right" point in the scene. Many moons ago a guy who worked for me had a Canon with an
eyeball sensor which was said to AF on the point you looked at in the scene. It didn't work that
well but showed some promise.

that was on a few Canons, including my last film SLR, Elan IIe; better models had a wider grid of points to eyeball-select; it worked pretty well for me but i was not really pushing my gear then