Thanks, Jack, Rick, Paul, Bob...

I used to go to the marathon every now & then as a kid, but have been
faithfully attending for the past 5 years that my brother has run.
It's his crowd -- the middle to the back of the packers -- that the
event is really about for me.  Not elite athletes, but they work so
hard, many raise money for worthy causes, and surmount incredible
personal challenges just to finish.  To watch on Heartbreak Hill --
it's almost like you can't leave, even as the horde of runners slows
to a trickle, because you want to encourage each one up the final
slope.  (Among other things) I am angry that some jackass coward got
to upstage them on what should be their day, and rob them of that
achievement.

Bleh.  In other news, I did enjoy the 60-250 out there.  And there was
a funny moment when, having been scanning the crowd for our friend
Dave to come by, I finally spotted him...so I dashed across Comm Ave,
high-fived him, and ran backwards up the hill to get the shot...
planting myself right in front of the Official Photographer for the
event.  I heard him say "whoa, whoa, whoa!" behind me as I nearly ran
into him, bum first.  I didn't dare turn around... just got my shot &
dashed off.  I hope he doesn't share the unflattering photo of my
backside... lol...

-c