From: "Gerrit Visser"
One of the falacies of cloud anything is that everyone has good internet
access, esp. upload speeds. This is not the case in most rural areas of
North America. I would go so far as to say that in Canada it is not even
true in urban areas. Until recently my upload was a stellar 512kb/s.

While these apps run on your machine, they intrinsically rely on upload to a
cloud service to share the output. In the myths section it isn't clear if
you can store the files anywhere that you please or if you must store in a
cloud folder.

Not to mention what are you going to do if the FBI decides Adobe's cloud is the new "Megaupload"?