From: Christine Nielsen
Let's hope you're right.. I was asleep at the switch at the end of
last year, and missed my chance to upgrade from CS4.  Now, I have to
purchase CS6 outright (is that possible?), or jump on the cloud, I
guess.  I'm not a huge Photoshop user, and LR4 does more than LR3, so
I have even less need of Ps, but there are some wonky things about
using LR4 with CS4... can't merge a panorama as easily, need to export
from LR, then open in Ps...

We'll see just how much an aggravation it is to keep going with CS4...

There was no upgrade to CS6, only to CS6 Extended Edition. Cost $400 from CS5.