More and more of us are using medium format along with our 35mm K-mount systems. How
do you cope with this? Are you shooting MF under certain circumstances and 35mm at
other? Personally, I've used both systems side by side and consequently are constantly
agonizing about what to use when and how balance lens selection between the two
formats. I'm torned between the wish of extra quality of MF and therefore using MF as
much as possible (and investing in more, longer telephoto 645 lenses), and the wish of
saving as much weight as possible. I have now finally decided on the following general
nature/landscape outfit: 645N body, FA645 33-55/4.5, FA645 55-110/5.6; MZ-S body, FA*
200/4 ED Macro, FA* 400/5.6. Now this outfit will cover focal lenght from 20mm to
400mm (in 35mm system terms) and is very versatile. Common sense(?) have told me since
I already own the wonderful, albeit heavy, FA* 200/4 Macro I'll better take advantage
of it and put it into regular use. Using this lens with a heavyer MF outfit is out of
the question due to weight issues. Nedless to say, I don't yet own the 645 lenses
above but their low weight is pretty amazing and allow me carrying a complete system
withou excessive weight. I would, however, have prefered something like a 75-150/5.6
instead of the 55-110/5.6.

Pål