Ryan K. Brooks wrote:

>Somewhat on topic, since it's pentax gear.
>
>I'm about to go on a trip that includes a day at the Venice Rookery- so
>just have to bring along my mint green A*400/2.8 :-). Question is, I've
>flown since 9/11- but not with the 400- has anyone had problems carrying

>on big glass like this? I'm leaving from O'Hare- and meet all the carry
on
>requirements, but a bit concerned that they won't like this big, heavy,
club
>like item in my carry on. I don't really trust checking it, even in it's
>case.  Pre 9/11 I always carried it in my backpack w/o any problems.
>
>Thoughts?

I don't think you'll have any problems from what I've heard. There are a
lot of people travelling with big lenses (and other photo gear) on the Editorial
Photo mailing list and I haven't heard of any problems with equipment.

Let us know if you do have trouble. I'm flying down to shoot the Boston
Marathon next month and plan to take a significant arsenal in my backpack.

--
Mark Roberts
www.robertstech.com