Dammit, disassemble, should be disassembly

On 6/2/2013 4:21 PM, P.J. Alling wrote:
They're getting to be hard to find in good working condition, the first I owned I think I paid ~$60-70. It died with the symptoms of a loose screw from the zooming mechanism, having dropped into the focusing mechanism, I tried following the instructions at this site, http://members.shaw.ca/hargravep/70-210.htm to try a self repair job but my tools were inadequate for the task of disassemble. So I decided to purchase a "new" copy. The second copy cost me a cool $150.00, but it's in pristine condition. Unfortunately it's not quite as good optically as the original. Still better than a lot of zooms in that range though. I haven't seen any good condition samples going for less than $150.00 for quite some time now. They seem to have become a cult classic...