Thanks for the sympathy... Funny how you never need that back up until you
really really need it.  I didn't need it 10 minutes, five minutes, one minute
before the k-5 failed.  But when it failed, it certainly did so in craptacular
fashion.  I had a moment's panicked thought of ripping the k-01 out of my
husband's hands in the middle of the race, but... decided against that. Later
on, I thought I should have commandeered a fellow parent's Rebel, that was
sitting unused....

;)
-c

On Jun 16, 2013, at 12:35 PM, Aahz Maruch <a...@pobox.com> wrote:

On Sun, Jun 16, 2013, Christine Nielsen wrote:

> Not sure if this is a warranty repair or not... Especially since the
> mirror flop fix of last year... Will check my paperwork when I get
> home.  Wondering if I have reached the point of throwing good money
> after bad, at least on this camera.

Sorry to hear that, not much fun when something you rely on breaks.

> (For the record, my "back-up camera", the K-01, also made the trip,
> my husband was shooting video with it at the time. Glad we have that,
> anyway.)

Ayup, I'm a big believer in backup equipment.  (Not always good about
practicing my beliefs, of course...)
--
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6                        http://rule6.info/