Hi Bipin,

I'm sorry to have worried you.... but it sounds like you were doing
quite alright in that department on your own, anyway.  ;)

I will keep you posted on our progress... Today, the camera is
resurrected, after a 36 hour cooling-off period in the camera bag.
Shooting fine, and I can't get it to replicate its bad behavior from
Saturday.  But, I have spoken with Customer Service, and will be
sending it in, anyway.  When I called the US customer service number,
I spoke with Paul, who is located in North Carolina (same state as my
unfortunate episode...hmmm).  While not super-helpful, he was
sympathetic, and confirmed that I did all the right things, in terms
of trouble shooting, in the field.  He suspects maybe a faulty
connection, but couldn't say for sure, of course.

I will say this...  it didn't take me long after fuming over my
camera's meltdown to start spouting off about maybe I should ditch my
whole kit & switch to another brand.  Surely Nikon users don't have to
put up with this crap?  Well, I invite anyone to try a little google
search on "d800 autofocus issue" for starters... Bottom line is, I
think all of these (or "some of all of these") manufacturers' machines
will have issues at one point or another.  For now, I will hold off on
selling my gear...

It is too bad that there isn't a good Pentax service center where you
are, Bipin.  Though I didn't get any resolution yet, I wasn't unhappy
with the way my call was handled today --  I was glad that the phone
was answered by someone in the US, and that I will send the camera to
a US service center that I have dealt with successfully before, and
they treated me as if I were a customer they wanted to keep.  These
are not always guaranteed when dealing with customer service of any
kind.  I haven't taken any options off the table, I just don't believe
that conditions are really any better elsewhere, and may be worse,
from a service & reliability standpoint.  Why would a bigger company
care about me?

(btw, maybe Pentax needs to offshore their India service to Pentax
USA... wouldn't that be a switch!  lol )

Until next time...
-c