Ah...yikes. Well, I would think you still have a good case... I hope it all
works out in your favor.

On Jun 16, 2013, at 9:04 PM, Paul Ewins <paulew...@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

No, according to the tech I took it to first (assuming it to be a less serious
issue) took one look at it and told me the shutter has collapsed and must be
replaced. Basically the shutter doesn't retract fully so you are left with a
black stripe across the top of all of the images. If you go through the sensor
clean routine you can see the shutter blades blocking the bottom of the sensor.
In all other respects it still works normally. Apparently it is the usual way
that shutters fail when they have been heavily used, except that mine has only
done 8% of it's rated life.

Paul