But, I'll bitch & moan with you guys all day.

MARK!

Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "Christine Nielsen" <ch...@inielsen.net>
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Monday, June 17, 2013 3:01 PM
Subject: Re: K-5 dead

I hear what you are saying, and I know some have had success with that
angle.  Not sure I'm a prolific enough social media maven to pull that
off.  Plus, there's another wrinkle to that, as I see it.  And maybe
this is just me & my weird perspective, but... Shooting Pentax can be
a lonely existence.  It's an oddball choice among people who use
cameras generally, and people who use cameras for money especially.
Sometimes, I am called upon to defend that choice, or explain it, to
those who are unfamiliar.  Fine.  But, that becomes harder to do when
I start to publicly mouth off about the failings of my gear.  I think
when a CaNikon photographer grouses about their camera's latest
failing, nobody questions why they were using that brand to begin with
(aside from the usual brand wars/fanboys/girls). My social networks
are intertwined with those of friends, family, customers, colleagues
and I just don't feel like exposing myself to that line of questioning
any more than I am already.

But, I'll bitch & moan with you guys all day.  That's fine.

:)
-c