Walt, I love the mood, the light and the girl's casual pose. But while
the soft-focus lends a dreamy air, I'm bothered by the sharp, in-focus
grass a few feet beyond the subject. I think that soft-focus works
best when the entire scene is diffuse rather than merely shifting the
focus plane back.

BTW, suggestion for something to try: attach a small piece of fine,
sheer nylon stocking over the lens with an elastic band. Adds a unique
textured diffusion to the image.

I think that Stan's comments re the framing are good. Try cropping so
the tree becomes the LH frame.

I don't agree about the necessity to see the subject's eye. A profile
portrait is perfectly valid and her downward gaze suggests we're
catching a private moment-- maybe wistful thoughts? -- maybe dreamy
thoughts which support the dreamy look of the shot.

--
-bmw