I don't use flash often, have never taken time to master the process. But I
have an upcoming project that provides the incentive to revisit this aspect of
my photography.

I have the Pentax AF360 FGZ that I bought long ago to pair with my MZ-S and
which I have used occasionally.

I am considering adding the AF540 FGZ. Two things holding me back at this point:
        a. IIRC Pentax is coming out sometime soon with a replacement for the
AF540.
        b. I have noted discussions here about Metz and other alternatives.

So, my questions:
        a. Has anybody heard anything more about if/when and for how much we'll
have an AF540 replacement?
        b1. If I go with Metz or other system, do I lose functionality on my
K-5ii? i.e., will I still have the same capability for wireless triggering, the
use of two-flash setups, etc?
        b2. Other than cost, are there any advantages to the Metz or other
systems?
        b3. Other than Pentax and Metz, which other alternative brands should I
look at for good, fully capable, reliable flash in the AF540 range?

Thanks!

stan