Yeah, check the diopter. I don't know if the k100D has a dead pixel
removal tool, but you might want to try that. My k-7 does, but is much
newer. you can clone out the dead pixels in lightroom and then copy
and paste those brush strokes to all your other pictures fwiw. A poor
man's black frame. I would suggest upgrading. Used k-7s are cheap and
one would be a huge upgrade over your k100d. Used k-5s are pretty
reasonable too.....well worth the extra $$$$.