On Thu, Jun 27, 2013, Ed Keeney wrote:

> Yes, the subject says it all.  I've been using the K100d for 6+ years
> now.  It's been a great piece of equipment.
>
> While at my daughters graduation this week, I was asked to take
> friends photos with their cameras (of course, I'm the only Pentax
> shooter).  The first thing I noticed was how clear the subject looked
> through the view finder.  Hmm, I thought to myself, why doesn't my
> camera look that way.  I'm sure when I hand off my camera to others,
> they're thinking the same thing; this Pentax sure doesn't look good.

Maybe because the K100D has a pentaMIRROR and the ones you were looking
at have a pentaPRISM.  I noticed that Larry's K-x was rather dark/muddy
compared with the K-5; guessed it was the KatzEye, but Larry said it was
pentamirror vs pentaprism.  You'll definitely need a body upgrade if
that's the issue: as others said, a used K-5, K-7, or K-30 would give you
significant improvements.  (Go for the K-5 unless you're on a really
tight budget.)

keh.com has several
--
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6                        http://rule6.info/