It's a shame they went to an even noisier sensor. I haven't tried shooting the V-Lux at anything over ISO 100 so far. At what point does the noise start to really degrade the image?

I really do like the lens a lot. If I found an exceptional deal on a gently used one of those Panasonic somewhere, I'd be sorely tempted to buy it as a lightweight carry-around for snapshots.

-- Walt