I also use the Live View in some situations.  All of the shots from
the church that I have posted over the last few months were focused
through the LCD and live view.  The focusing point can be moved
anywhere in the frame. The camera was on a tripod.  Even though
focusing is slower in live mode, the advantage of placing the focusing
point exactly where it is wanted was appreciated.

gs
George Sinos
www.GeorgesPhotos.net
www.GeorgeSinos.com