You probably could have gotten 100% compliance had you been carrying a clipboard.

-- Walt

On 7/25/2013 11:51 AM, P.J. Alling wrote:
While attending College in Rhode Island, I used to approach people who were wearing a t-shirt with an out of state attraction, and say matter of factly "You do know that under General Law XXXX paragraph X, wearing apparel that advertised an out of state attraction, or scenic wonder, was punishable by a fine of XX dollars, with a possible x number of days in jail". Amazingly a good number of out of state residents believed that I spoke the truth, almost all of the state residents did.