One big problem that crops up time and again with amateur models is that
they are notoriously flaky.  Many of them never show up, and many of
the ones that do, show up late.
I can see that the biggest advantage of meeting for coffee first would
be to weed out the flakes before you have set aside half a day, and
spent several hours setting up for a shoot.

What I have found works well is to set up "photo parties" where even if
one or two people don't show, several others do.

--
Larry Colen                  l...@red4est.com         http://red4est.com/lrc