Thanks, to all who responded. I checked out all the suggestions. Financial
considerations and my sense of what's gonna work for me in the circumstances
inclined me toward John Sessom's Op-Tech suggestions---actually their Bino-Cam
harness and their stabilizer strap.

However, I've been having second thoughts about taking the *ist DS, lenses,
batteries, charger, etc., etc. I looked back at Stan Halpin's suggestion of the
WG-3 back when I first asked for advice about a camera for this trip, that led
me to look at other waterproof point and shoots, and then just at point and
shoots.

At this point I'm being sorely temped by the Fujifilm X10.  Would feel a little
guilty about sticking with Pentax, though.

Who knows what will happen next.

Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA
eew...@bellsouth.net