It's well known that I'm not overly enamored of the Fuji cameras. If you're
used to an *ist DS, I find it's a difficult job to get that quality out of any
small-sensor camera.

My 'easy carry for travel' fixed lens camera is the Leica X2, which is a bit on
the expensive side, but there are several other cameras in the class (Nikon A,
Fuji X100, Ricoh GR, etc) that are also good choices. There are deals available
on the Ricoh GXR and A16 24-85mm zoom camera unit too, a fine shooting pair if
you don't mind the automation.

Picking a single prime lens camera is, I find, a useful exercise in lack of
distractions. I prefer it to the zooms. A few examples from my trip to NY a
couple of weekends back:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gdgphoto/sets/72157634778877665/

Good luck finding what suits YOU best. :-)

Godfrey