Thanks Ken - I hadn't seen the prior version. Which I prefer. But I clicked on
it, zoomed in, and like it (the prior version) even better. The view I wound up
with had, outside of the central web and then the openish gap, 3 horizontal
strands below and 5-6 above. The sides in proportion. The  critter winds up
offset right of center. Coming in that tight, the image has a super 3-D feel to
it. The web is clearly hanging in space, not flat against the background.

However you crop it, a good image: subject, lighting, focus, ...

stan