Hi Christine,

Others here will have more to offer on the subject, I'm sure, but this
one was recommended to me by an instructor at New England School of
Photography a few years ago...
http://www.calumetphoto.com/product/calumet-7100-tripod-with-three-way-quick-release-head/CK7114/

The price was right, it has served me well for my purposes. I don't do
much landscape work, so it mostly stays in my studio... Not carbon
fiber, but it supports 11 pounds... weighs 4.5 pounds.

Good luck!

:)
-c