Here's a little write upon on the OM-707/OM-77. Like so many first attempts at
an AF SLR, it didn't succeed.
 http://camerapedia.wikia.com/wiki/Olympus_OM-707_/_OM-77

Olympus essentially had made the OM system into a high-end niche player, like
the Leica R and Contax systems, by the end of the 1990s. All excellent manual
focus lenses, a lovely pair of bodies (OM-4Ti, OM-3Ti), and not much market in
an era when the AF SLR had become dominant. The E-System was specifically
designed and optimized for digital capture, a no-holds-barred re-imagining of
an entire system. Even the first out of the gate, the E-1, is a brilliant
performer within the limits of its sensitivity.

But the notion of a simple digital body like an OM-1n or OM-2 (or a Nikon FM2
...  or a Pentax MX ...) with just what the original film cameras had except
for a digital sensor and capture system is a still an often voiced desire by a
lot of old curmudgeons (including me). A couple of people would buy it, but not
enough to fund the development work that would be required to produce it.