I'm thinking those are "Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price" and actual prices once you can order them from B&H or Adorama will be lower.

On 8/27/2013 6:40 PM, Bruce Walker wrote:
The LED add-on to the flash is a brilliant move, and way more useful
than the WR waterproofing. I understand the motivation to cement WR as
a brand-wide thing, but it's unlikely to be of very much practical use
to anyone. Brightly lit raindrops or snowflakes anyone?

But the constant light source for video is unique in speedlights and
will probably get copied. Well, well: somebody's actually awake in
their R&D department.

I like that the new flash models are reduced in height too. The
original 540 is too tall to fit in my Westcott mini softbox and I'm
using an old AF200 instead.

I don't like that the focus assist function only works with the latest
camera bodies. FA works just fine on the old AF540 with my K20D.

I also don't like that the prices are (still) so high for both models.
Not good value.

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 6:14 PM, Dario Bonazza