I believe Larry was just being an ass, mocking those of us who do want a full-frame DSLR from Pentax.

On 8/27/2013 6:47 PM, David Parsons wrote:
Where do you get that Ricoh is abandoning the Pentax brand?  Because
they haven't announced a full frame camera?  Because the flashes don't
cover a 24x36 frame?

Sheesh.  It's the first update that the flashes have gotten in years,
and it's a feature that no other brand offers.  This is a shot across
the bow of Canon and Nikon.  The price is completely ridiculous, but I
really don't see how this indicates abandonment of the brand.

The full frame obsession is sickening, and blinds you to any positive
thing that Ricoh does to enhance the brand.  Because they don't do the
one thing that you believe is the only thing that they can be
competitive, you dismiss the entire brand as dead.  I guess there is
no harsher critic than a fan.