On 9/3/2013 2:24 PM, Igor Roshchin wrote:

Tue Sep 3 12:14:07 EDT 2013
John johnsessoms wrote:

Basically I lost the use of an additional .5GB by switching to 64-bit
Windoze.

Toshiba's tech support is even more USELESS than is Microsoft's.

Yes, I've seen reports similar to yours about pecularities of 64-bit
Windows.
(BTW, I recommend searching http://sevenforums.com for a solution for
you problem, if you haven't done so yet.)

Thanks, I'll take a look there.

None of the "solutions" to make Windoze 7 64-bit use all of the
available RAM that I have so far been able to find on-line work on this
particular laptop.

With 32-bit Vista it was able to use 3.5GB of the 4GB installed. 64-bit
Windoze 7 is only able to use 3GB or the 4 GB installed.

I was hoping there was something I could fix in the registry, but I have
not been able to find it. I think it's a design flaw in the Toshiba
hardware.